Your first step in the journey of a lifetime.
** Course price does not include any required training materials – see related products below**
Get Certified! Take a Scuba Lesson with the PADI Open Water Diver Course
Get your PADI scuba certification. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle. Start your scuba certification online.
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
What You Learn:
- How much fun scuba diving is
- Scuba diving equipment considerations for your local diving environment
- How to plan, and execute actual dives
- How to prevent and manage problems
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
Please ensure that you have read through the medical form. If you answer YES to any of the questions you are required to take the form with you to a doctor and be certified fit for diving prior to the start of the course.
Please bring this signed and completed form with you when you arrive at Diveshack.