Continue the adventure!
** Course price does not include any required training materials **
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- Plus three more Adventure Dives of your choice from 15 different types of Adventure Dives to complete your course
You can try your hand at digital underwater photography, wreck diving, night diving, diving with underwater scooters, peak performance buoyancy and much more. Get credit! Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include:
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
Please ensure that you have read through the medical form. If you answer YES to any of the questions you are required to take the form with you to a doctor and be certified fit for diving prior to the start of the course.
Please bring this signed and completed form with you when you arrive at Diveshack.